Monday, September 17, 2012

Miracle Product: The Antioxidant Serum


Usually my posts feature the most awesome things that I've 'fetched' for you. This post is about my serum addiction. Serums are really concentrated treatments for skin, they're costly but a good serum is easily a magical product that can transform your skin. This post, I'm going to talk about the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic serum (Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Ferulic Acid) - a super antioxidant serum. Antioxidants are the latest craze from health nuts prescribing high-antioxidant diets to nearly every beauty product advertising its antioxidant benefits. But few products match Skinceuticals CE Ferulic serum in antioxidant concentration.

This serum uses active forms of Vitamin C and Vitamin E which promote skin brightening and suppleness. Vitamin C serums are a must have for skin to prevent hyperpigmentation, sun damage, and collagen loss. This product acts as a preventative treatment to combat free radical damage and provide UV shields.

The Ferulic Acid gives this serum kind of a 'sticky' texture which isn't too bad but I know some people don't like the feel. Nonetheless, after a month of use, my skin just glows from within. I highly recommend this to everyone who wants to just prevent their skin from the signs of aging. I put this one after cleansing but before moisturizer/sunscreen so it really penetrates into my skin. So far my skin just feels like I'm indulging it!


Alternate Universe - Natural Version
A clean antioxidant serum I recommend for those of you into products without harsh chemicals is YULI's Liquid Courage Antioxidant Serum. They use an antioxidant seed complex, which is derived from organic botanical seeds which are believed to be the most concentrated in nutrients. They also use something interesting called Biofermented Black Garlic, which is a type of garlic they cultivate in a special process called biofermenting which intensifies the garlics natural antioxidant properties! There is also a chirally correct form of Vitamin C + Vitamin E which means it is really stable and will not deteriorate in effectiveness over time.

I would also recommend this to people who might not like the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Acid's sticky texture as this is a very light serum that melts into your skin. I've been using this under my sunscreen after cleansing for a week and I can see my skin just GLOW and look really healthy. I think it really does prevent a lot of the UV damage that LA people are so frequently exposed to. I also applied some under my eye where I frequently get dark circles, and it really tightened the area and faded the darkness. Despite being a very natural product, this serum really utilizes a lot of advanced techniques to deliver very effective results. I think for the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic serum lover who wants to try a natural version, you won't be disappointed in this product either.

These two products have somewhat become miracle products that always give my skin an extra kick when I need it. Skinceuticals is my current daily driver, but YULI is what I use when I really need that healthy, organic dose.

Skinceuticals CE Ferulic ($146, 1 oz, online)
YULI Liquid Courage ($125, 1oz, online)




1 comment: