Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Nasomatto Project


The epitome of a Fetch Hunter product - avant-garde brand, beautifully simple-chic packaging, high-quality. The Nasomatto Project refers to the fragrance line created by Alessandro Gualtieri. If his name sounds familiar amongst the fragrance aficionados, it is because he is the mind behind the iconoic fragrances for Helmut Lang, Versace, Valentino to name a few.

His products can be found on Beautybar and Barneys, as well as Nasomatto's own website. This keeps his products very limited and relatively hard to find which I kind of love. I like that not everyone will see this or know what this is. There are so many perfumes and colognes out there, this is for those who find even the Chanel/Armani fragrances to be too pedestrian.

Another competitor who shares retail space with Nasomatto is Byredo, also from Europe. However I like the Nasomatto bottle and scents more. Byredo's smells to... woodsy and mossy for my taste. Nasomatto is also kind of cool because they don't actively court press, instead relying on their products to do the talking.

Black Afgano, is a stand out, black fluid cologne that evokes hashish. It goes on strong but fades to a beautiful scent. However, the standout in my opinion for men, is Duro which is said to enhance male strength - it is much more subtle. The first time I sprayed it on, I didn't think I'd like it, then it grew on me. After a day, I bought a bottle and it has been my go to since. For women, I love the Nuda perfume. The beautiful pink might make you think it is for girls, but the rich, pure jasmine is the definition of refined and sophisticated.


No comments:

Post a Comment