Thursday, March 21, 2013

YULI Cellular Lip Conditioner


When I decided to pursue skincare that was made with more natural ingredients, for some reason lip products were the last on my list to change out. I am very loyal to what has worked because my lips are incredibly prone to dryness. During the coldest, driest times, my lips would be chapped, cracked, and bleeding, it isn't pretty. I was an avid fan of the iconic Kiehl's Lip Balm and on my driest days, always carried a tube of Aquaphor. Then I read a study that said around 80% of the products we put on our lips is digested, I took a closer look at the ingredients list. When I realized the primary ingredient in these products is Petrolatum, and both contain parabens, I was a little aghast that I was putting carcinogic products right on my lips and into my body!

After doing more research, I learned about how balms work by creating a barrier that seals moisture and prevents air and water from breaking through. Essentially we're suffocating the lips under layers of waxes and balms, and some studies cite this as a reason that lips too dependent on balms lose their natural ability to retain moisture over time. So I started looking at the green brands out there and saw YULI's Cellular Lip Conditioner.

It's described as a multivitamin serum/conditioner concentrate with an antioxidant complex to deeply heal and rejuvenate lips from within. I looked at the ingredients and no waxes or balms - just a serum. The way the product works is through using its nourishing serum with supercritical extracts and skin softening Vitamin E to  actually TREAT damaged lips instead of just coating it.

I have to say that within minutes of applying the conditioner, my lips felt plumper and definitely rejuvenated all without the heavy feeling you get with balms. I think whats important to realize is that this isn't a lip balm but rather a conditioning serum that restores and rejuvenates lips. So some people might confuse its non-heavy feeling for weak moisturizing power but this product moisturizes in a different way. The avocado and camellia seed oil are deeply nourishing and contain natural squalane which keeps cells moisturized. The antioxidant complex repairs lips but also protects lips from UV damage which is so important since lips are frequently exposed to the elements. This product is different from balms because with balms, you have to keep relying on them but this product helps your lips be their healthiest over time.

The best part is that the entire product is food-grade and thoughtfully made to be edible and safe enough for pregnant women. Just such a wonderfully effective and well made product that is loaded with lip saving nutrients. You must buy some, your lips will thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment